- Category: Hardware
- Hits: 8494
From time to time I see posts on the Ubuntu Forums about whether the newer AMD graphics cards (R7, R9) will work with Ubuntu. To find out for sure, I requested and Canonical graciously provided an XFX "Dual Dissipation" R9 290X.
- Category: General
- Hits: 3657
OK. Since I'm sure that all but seven of the humans on the planet (and some non-humans, too -- like my dog) want to hear my opinion, I'll let you have it. Hey. This sad, benighted little blog is my party, so I can say what I want.
Seems everywhere you go, there is a question that gets asked with a fair amount of regularity: "Is it 'Linux' or 'GNU/Linux'?" Actually, sometimes it's not even that so much as a mob of wild-eyed zealots stomping their feet and shouting that it's "GNU/Linux" when anyone says just "Linux".
Page 3 of 4
- Using AMDGPU-PRO and the Vulkan SDK for BOINC Projects
- GPUs Possibly Supported by AMDGPU and AMDGPU-PRO Eventually
- AMD GPU support with AMDGPU and AMDGPU-PRO
- Odroid XU4 and CloudShell project
- "Linux" or "GNU/Linux"
- Nvidia Optimus tearing? This might help!
- lm-sensors, conky and AMD Temperatures
- AMD's R9 290X Tested on Ubuntu: Results